Strong molded parts made of natural fiber NFPC PLA for a wide range of applications
Natural fiber reinforced PLA consists of natural fibers (hemp, flax) and a mineral oil free polyactide matrix. Polyactide is based on polylactid acid which is derived from sugar and polymerized into PLA. Thus a 100 per cent biodegradable and compostable molded part results which can be produced thermally by compression molding or injection molding. Therefore, molded parts made from natural fiber reinforced PLA can be used without restriction in the most sensitive environmental fields. Above all, the mechanical characteristics could be significantly improved by fiber reinforcement.
- Material: Hemp or flax/PLA-Matrix
- Texture: Natural or colored
- Tensile strength: 45 N/mm² (ISO 527)
- Tensile-E-Module: 3.100 MPa (ISO 527)
- Molding Temperature: 150°C